Boys

Boys
Barichara, Colombia 2014

Tel: 07872020841
Email: lydiapevsner83@hotmail.com
http://lydiapevsnerphotographer.blogspot.com/



Lydia Pevsner
PERSONAL PROFILE

In the three years that I have worked alongside the owners of “Viva La Foto”, I have gained a wide range of experience not just in Photography but also in the running of a business.  I help to manage a six full and part time staff.  I feel that I have an energetic and positive outlook, which often inspires others to work just as hard.  I am a completer-finisher in all the roles that I take in the studio and make sure that I finish every job to the highest possible standard.  
Being the Sales Manager/Assistant Manager means that I have to check up and follow all of the staff’s progress and keep immaculate records of the work.  
I am adaptable and flexible and willing to work as a team or on my own. A strong communicator on all levels whether this is with customers or other members of my team.

EMPLOYMENT
Jan 07-Present   
Sales Manager/Photographer (Viva La Photo - Bromley) 

I have been involved in the entire set up of the studio from designing the studio it to promoting it.  I have worked closely alongside the owner for more than 3 years setting up the business.  I have had to take on most of the roles within the studio including Receptionist, Sales manager, promoter, and the marketing of the business including flyers and advertisements in local newspapers and magazines. I plan strategies for marketing the studio. I also organize, set up and execute most of the Photo-shoots that take place in the studio. This is a small privately run photography studio.  It caters to the Photographic needs of a varied cliental the majority are Families but i have done advertising product shots, Band Photography and much more. At the studio I am responsible for shooting, archiving and re-touching all images shot. I also deal with all correspondence with clients.

April-May 2006   
Office Assistant (Everynight Images)

Photography stock library, answering calls, sending hi and low res Emails to clients requesting images they bought from the stock library and filling of images.  
Manning the office while the CEO was away on photography location trips.
Created and implemented a database library of all old negatives and slides that had come into her since the company began. 
Feb-Nov 2006   
Studio/Shooting Assistant (Anthony Burrett Photography)
Assisting on shoots both on location (Weddings) and in the studio (family/ actor head shots),
Organising albums on the website for guests of the weddings to purchase any further images from the photographer and filing photographs with codes so that the client could tell us which image they wished to purchase. 
General maintenance of studio, answering calls and taking bookings.
Nov 2004-Jan 2005 
Photographer (Solstice LTD) 
To Photographer a brand new home delivery service for their up market organic foods company. 
Worked to a tight deadline by cataloguing the whole website, shooting a wide range of products. 
Liaised with both the director of the firm and the web designers to produce and help launch the home delivery website in 2005.

Photographer/Stylist  
(Christies Auction House)

During my time at Christie's I played a number of roles within the Company.  I was taught to use the digital large format camera to shoot images for the catalogue.  I helped in the digital studio with printing images for the valuers, and press images.  Also helping in the Photoshop lab with the cleaning of images for the catalogue. Having worked at Christie's Auction house I have learnt skills such as working with a digital camera and shooting to a fixed schedule and various other Photoshop skills.

Further Experience 
2008- Assistant Photographer Marks and Spencer 
Assisted a photographer for a Marks and Spencer Television Advertising Campaign casting.  
Sept- Dec 2005   Assistant Photographer  (Francis Hammond – Paris)
I assisted in the of Photo shoots of Tupperware Catalogue, Traditional Homes, Elle Decoration and Elle a Table, loading the camera keeping note of film and Polaroid's, and keeping the lighting equipment clean and organised.
Nov 2005 – Assistant Photographer Present (Marcelo Benfield - Paris/London)
Assisted for Hea Iranian Fashion Magazine editorial with 10 different looks and Givenchy Beauty Shoot winter collection. This involved sorting through the digital images on the computer during the photo shoot, and setting up the lighting and props various other Fashion and Beauty Shoots. 
Aug 2003 - Photographer (Vidal Sassoon - Bond Street)
Photographing Sassoon student's models for end of year soiree.
Jun 2001 - Assistant Fashion Designer (Grab and Mac) 
General organization of the studio and helped arrange clothes for a sale to be held at a fashion warehouse. Working here helped me gain a knowledge of the fashion industry from the inside helping prepare for London Fashion Week. Organising the garments for sale and catwalk.
Jun 2001 - Assistant Children's Fashion Designer (Miss Fleur LTD) 
Sourcing material and accessories and helped create mood boarding ideas for the summer 2004 collection.  Sourced Child models for their advertising campaign from a local child model agencies.

Education 

2005 London College Of Fashion-   BA FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 
2004 London College Of Fashion -  FDA FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY & STYLING
2002 Ravensbourne Art College- NATIONAL DIPLOMA FOUNDATION ART                   AND DESIGN  
2001 Cator Park School for Girls-  A-LEVELS MEDIA STUDIES AND DESIGN TECH 
1999 GCSEs: Including English Literature, Design and technology, Math’s, History, Science Double Award, Media Studies and French 

SKILLS/EQUIPMENT 

NIKON D40 
NIKON D300,D700 
HASSELBLAD 
Experienced using 120 mm and 35 mm cameras, both digital and film formats.
Bowens Studio lighting
Location lighting packs and Flash
Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and teamwork ability.
During a 4 month stay in Paris I attended the Alliance Francias to improve my French speaking and writing skills.
During my studies in Fashion and Photography I have learnt a wide range of skills in the Fashion industry such as Styling and identifying locations for photo shoots.

COMPUTER PLATFORMS & SOFTWARE
Auto-CAD 2008 Advanced Level
Adobe Photoshop PS3 and PS4
Proficient with both PC and Macintosh platforms  
Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Photoshop.


ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Having travelled to lots of exotic destinations I enjoy experiencing different cultures and countries.
I am training for a 5K fun run this summer to raise money and awareness of cancer.
I enjoy visiting Gallery's and Exhibitions especially in photography, painting, and Installations.
Having been a keen photographer all my life I enjoy this a a hobby as much as I do professionally

1 comment:

  1. Go for it Lydia
    I want to see updates 3 times a week! you can take pictures with your telephone, fix them up with www.bestcamera.com this is an app for iphone, then upload to your blog right away, check out
    http://www.fhphoto.com/blog/index.html
    http://mycoffee-fhphoto.blogspot.com/
    http://dietmansteele.blogspot.com/
    the last two I feed only with pictures from my phone, sometimes twice a day!

    ReplyDelete